i'll be in belfast, northern ireland friday morning for TN2020 (more info on noneck.org) and need a place to stay for one night. anyone have a spare couch for one night?
despite the fact i left berlin 45 mins late i was still abel to catch a train that seemed to be on the right time table to brussles. exhausted from sleeping on a hard bench, i geefully boarded what appeared to be my first class train.
little did i know that the wonderfully plush seats, smell of fresh coffee and abundant power outlets would not be my train. in a vain attempt to save 15 euro, i gladly said i would take local trains from klone to brussels... i should have known better. i really should have known better.
after pay 60 euro for a meal i didn't want to regurgitate, an electrical outlet i couldn't part with and a train i couldn't disembark, i tag, flagged and prepared for the next few days in the United Kingdom.
on my last journey, i was heading home from a salzburg seminar and had just paid 250 euro for a stupid belt knife to be confiscated in munich. before that, august of 2002. the US had just invaded Afghanistan, and the world was ripe in solidarity. young and inexperienced, i traveled to from boston to the Isle of Wight for a "little" scooter rally, spent a new days in london and also visited amsterdam.
five years later things are significantly different. now there is no home. now there is no warm bed waiting for me on the other side of the pond. now my world blessed a few days jammed packed with interviews, workshops, meetups and naps.
i'm really looking forward to being back in london to kick out the jams with...
- Joey Baxter, fellow coworking enthusiast.
- Alex Deschamps-Sonsino, fellow Lift 06 attendant and one of the organizers of Hardcore Hardware Hacking Weekend.
somewhere with in that mix, i need to edit some video and desperately need to wash three pairs of socks. while in berlin, i was going to purchase flip-flops, but with my extra special train ticket behind me... i think i'll pass... that's unless i find a shoe store that's willing sponsor my feet! ;)
I plan on starting my trip in Europe. From 7/8 July to 7/8 Aug, I will bounce around looking to cover as much as possible. If you have something to add, please feel free!
- 08 July - 1 hour in Barcelona
- 08 - 09 July - 22 hours in Pamplona for Running of the Bulls, i'm in need of a guide and couch to crash
- i never found internet and there for never met up with Lauryn Dempsey
- 09 - 14 July - Flight to Prague to teach at Transitions Online's New Media Essentials (thanks Evgeny Morozov)
- castle Konopiste
- 14 - 18 July - Berlin, Germany
- Meet with Travis J. Todd and Freelance/Coworking Berlin community
- Interview regine from http://www.we-make-money-not-art.com/
- tour the subway bunker
- street art festival
- 19 - 22 July
- London, UK
- hang out with Joey Baxter and Alex Deschamps-Sonsino
- Steve Purkis
- Mongol Rally and profile team Mr. Dinosaur
- check out Hardcore Hardware Hacking Weekend
- Brighton, UK
- Profile Tactical Tech and Dirk Slater.
- Visit Quadrophina locations
- 23 - 25 July - Paris, France
- Interviews with Barcamp and Coworking community. Paris Coworking
- Couchsurfing Collective Paris 2007 Project
- Meetup with Eric-Olivier Lamey
- 26 July - Antwerp, Belgium
- Interview with Dries Buytaert Drupal founder and pioneer of open source
- 27 - 30 July - Amsterdam, NL
- hangout with andy smith and friends
- profile individuals at RoomWare DevHuis 6 at wakoopa's office
Week 4 & 5
- 31 July - Eindoven, NL
- profile and hang out with Joshua Kauffman
- 1 - 8 Aug - Istanbul, Turkey CS info
- Hostel - http://www.chillouthc.com @ 10 euros a night
- basilica cistern
- grand bazaar
- Hagia Sophia
- the blue mosque
- erdal aka eternity and a day
- kenan aka keyno
- isa aka ISAFAKIR
- still looking for more couchsurfers...