as it seems that my mind is unable to keep up with the flurry of updates surrounding this story, i want to lay out a timeline for reporters and fellow bloggers to clearly understand. i've seen a few miss prints and want to clear the air.
1 - 2 Aug Photos - Depart for Beijing, China from New York City.
3 Aug Photos - Walk around Beijing and see sites.
4 Aug Photos - Visit the Summer Palace.
5 Aug Photos - Visit the "Bird's Nest" and hang out in the Lake District.
11 Aug - Arrival in USA (while in transit from LA, Chicago, and NYC, twitter updates are reflected on facebook wall status.) at 7.45 pm, steve spurgat notifies me that my f'wall updates no longer what i posted but instead are replaced my a code Fred Benenson blog post. (qik videos - Arrival in NYC, at Newark, Arrival in NYC, in Taxi Cab, Culture Shock)
"keep it light enough to travel. don't let it all unravel!!" - the be good tanyas
things you should note.
- i got inked in the hindustan times! (noel is standing up and dancing the mashpotato!)
- tonight, i'm going to dinner with bangalore bloggers! many thanks to Thej who's spearheaded this gastronomical adventure.
- if you find yourself in bangalore, you MUST meet manju, his wife and their library. cradled down the street from a picturesque street lined with scooters and bicycles, this library (aka my couch) is a welcome retreat. once again it's humbling to find a large piece of humble pie.
- when i was in delhi, abby (the microsoft kidnapper) interrogated me and in my belligerent state i answered them.
- nora younis is keeping her twitter feed updated with news on the Egyptian textile workers strike. background, eight strikers were arrested for striking.
- my thai drupal buddies have laid out an impressive set of travel plans. if you know thai, please translate them for me. :)
- in the continuing world of home spun media - synchronis.tv is kicking out the jams with 35, a live sitcom in NYC. i've downloaded a few episodes and once again am amazed in the creative talent compressed within the confines of our networked boxes (ie computers!)
- around american in 2.0 is a young man's journey across the USA. back in july, matt and i first met in brooklyn and we are now on the road thinking of linking our conversations. we've debate some type of dual and i can only think of gastronomical contests. how do you think we should link our projects? (leave a comment)
- the internet is too slow for me to upload any new photos or videos. so it looks like you'll be stuck within the print! :P
as i clean out my inbox, i'm noting a few things that one should check out...
- after six months abroad, bill boyles, fellow global traveler/vlogger/badass, is going on a drinking tour of the USA. download his revver podcasts vis-a-vis quicktime
- Sugree Phatanapherom, Patipat Susumpow and Isriya Paireepairit are preparing my Thailand itinerary to be a rocking adventure. when i land, they will ship me off to Price of Songkla University and find me a few subjects to interview for mobile active and might get me on http://www.duocore.tv/
- Handmade Nation, the rockin craft documentry profiled in episode 6, has a new teaser. they also reopened their ETSY shop.
- abby (abhishek baxi) , microsoft enthusiast and jelly delhi organizer, uploaded photos of our adventure to zoomr.
- chris penn thinks "luck of seven" is a good opportunity to pump up your linkage on search engines.
- sstrudeau wrote up the best damn reasons for you to contribute.
- beth went to cambodia bloggers summit, got sick on fried bugs and gave away geek shirts. HAWT!
- eddward hasbrouck, the practical nomad, will be testifying at a TSA hearing on the US's GOVT's latest proposals on surveillance, control and monitoring of travelers. apparently, the TSA is seeking to allow "government-compelled search and interrogation by unregulated, private, commercial third parties who would be 'free' to retain, use, publish, sell, rent, or disclose the records of our travels." if you get a chance check out his schedule.
- Siddharth, from Dristhi, has a blog where you'll find some of the work achieved by community video magazine makers.
- i've added a bunch of people who've blogged about the trip.
- finally, subscribe to jetset! their show rocks, the mix rules, and they are going to post an interview shortly.
1. i'm a horible speller.
2. i'm using a KDE laptop with konqueror and have to balance a mouse in one hand and a the laptop in the other. currently, i'm banging on these keys with my nose until i can find a suitable pencil to use with my mouth.
it seems that my interview with dries has made it to the front page of drupal.org - digg it. my views are starting to rise. wooot! i couldn't be happier in thinking that all of these stomach cramps are finally adding up to a hill of fava beans!
also, while i'm here in wonderful coastal town of alexandria, i have no laptop, but i do have TWITTER and JAKIU!! so don't think that i'm leaving you alone. i'm still here kicking, screaming and getting freaked out by scary hotels!
ps - many thanks to khalid and his family for showing me around town, feeding me and driving me around.
photo by templar1307